Calling All Future Religious Institution Leadersin the community // on Tuesday February 28, 2017
In 2014, the GuideOne Foundation created an annual scholarship program for individuals pursuing a career in ministry. As one of America’s leading insurers of churches, GuideOne Insurance believes it is important to support the future leaders of our nation’s religious organizations as they prepare to enter ministry.
To do that, the company will be awarding four $2,500 scholarships in 2017 to students who meet the following criteria:
- Junior and senior religious studies students, graduate religious studies students and any individuals in seminary are eligible.
- Students must be attending accredited colleges, universities or seminaries within the United States and District of Columbia.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.25 is required.
- Official or unofficial transcript and one letter of recommendation are required.
- Applicant is required to submit an essay that explains why they chose to pursue their degree and how they plan to use their education and future career in ministry.
More information, including the online application, can be found on the GuideOne Foundation page on GuideOne.com. On this webpage, you also can learn about individuals who have received the scholarship in past years, as well as view a video of some of those recipients explaining what the scholarship has meant to them.
All applications must be received online and in full by April 14, 2017. Scholarships will be awarded by the middle of June.