How to Respond to Property Lossbeing there // on Thursday September 8, 2016
The past few months have been a whirlwind of natural disasters in the United States. Wildfires struck California, burning over 183,000 acres as of August 27. The floods in Louisiana earned the title of “Worst U.S. disaster since Hurricane Sandy,” according to the American Red Cross. On top of that, we are in the heart of hurricane season with Hurricane Hermine hitting Florida late last week and continuing to travel up the East Coast as a Tropical Storm this week.
With all of these natural disasters taking place, along with standard severe weather, your organization may experience damage to your facility that results in a loss at some point in time. If that loss occurs, will you know what to do?
Should you experience a loss, you can follow these steps to help get your organization back up and running as quickly as possible:
- Make temporary repairs to prevent further damage.
- Keep any damaged property for the adjuster to review and examine.
- Report the loss to GuideOne Insurance as soon as possible by calling 1-888-748-4326. Our 24-hour, seven-days-a-week, claim reporting staff will assist you in getting the GuideOne Insurance Claim Department working quickly for you.
- If your facility is not usable, make temporary arrangements at another facility.
- Keep receipts for all expenses incurred.
Whether a rainstorm floods your facility’s basement or a fire destroys the entire building, a loss is a loss. No one ever wants any kind of loss to take place, but knowing what to do following that loss can help ease the process and get your organization back on its feet.